Thursday 19 May 2016

Noosa

I wasn't back on my own again for long as I met a girl called Rachel while checking in to Nomads. I later ran into loads of people I'd met earlier - the same group from my Blue Mountians tour and the Scottish girls I went surfing with in Byron. If you're travelling up the East Coast you're pretty-much guaranteed to keep running into other travellers since everyone does the same route.


The following day Rachel and I went on the Coastal Walk from Noosa Heads to Sunshine Beach through the national park. We took our time, stopping off at the viewpoints along the way and sunbathing at Alexandria Bay, which we soon discovered was a nudist beach! Just as we were arriving at Sunshine Beach we spotted a huge brown snake in front of us that quickly disappeared into the bushes. It wasn't until we asked someone later that we learnt it was probably the second most poisonous snake in Australia! There was a wedding taking place at the beach which was cute to watch then we treated ourselves with Golden Gaytimes (caramel biscuit ice cream I was told to try that was amazing). After an extremely stressful experience cooking in the hostel's tiny busy kitchen the night before, we decided to go out to eat at what was supposed to be the best burger restaurant in Noosa (or even Australia), Betty's Burgers. They did not disappoint!


Had a couple of glasses of goon with some friends back at the hostel but it was a pretty chilled out evening. The next morning I had a final walk around the town and browsing the gorgeous boho-chic shops before boarding my bus to Rainbow Beach, ready for my trip to Fraser Island!


No comments:

Post a Comment