Thursday 12 May 2016

Byron Bay

The next stop on my travels up the East Coast was to the beautiful Byron Bay. After the long bus journey I checked in to Nomads and met some lovely Scottish girls who I spent the day with at the beach after stocking up on porridge oats at Aldi (glamorous backpacker lifestyle). Later in the afternoon I met up with Kat who I'd met in Sydney and a group of friends from her hostel. We hung out on the beach watching the sunset. Made some more friends later at the hostel and we headed out to Beach Hotel, the only place in Byron open on a Sunday night. 


The following morning I had a surf lesson with Mojo Surf which was really good fun, although can't exactly call myself a gnarly surfer just yet. I did manage to stand up a couple of times but you're going to have to take my word for it as I was a little too stingy to fork out $25 for the photographs.


That afternoon I met up with my Exeter buddy Charlie for a Byron beer and I heard all about his Aussie life in Gold Coast. He drove back to his that evening and I went for another night out with friends from the hostel - a group of people from my blue mountains tour had just checked in so we went out for a reggae night at The Brewery.



The following morning Charlie swung by to pick me up and we visited the Byron lighthouse together - the most Eastern point in Australia. We later crossed the state border to Queensland and made our way up to Gold Coast.






No comments:

Post a Comment