Thursday 19 May 2016

Brisbane

Although I only had a day in Brisbane, I managed to do and see a lot!

Charlie drove me first thing in the morning and we went for another delightful brunch then walked around the city centre which was gorgeous- I could definitely get used to having a man-made beach in the middle of the city.


Later we headed to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary which was amazing. The sanctuary houses over 130 koalas, in addition to reptiles, snakes, dingos, cockatoos, kangaroos and more! They also offered a decent student discount so we're much better value than some of the other places nearby. Charlie and I stocked up on kangaroo food then spent the afternoon feeding them along with a group of schoolchildren - we were probably just as excited as they were.


Afterwards was the highlight of the day when I got to hold a koala called Jarvis who was just adorable. We even had time for a snake show and a koala talk before we said our goodbyes and Charlie dropped me off at the bus terminal to board my bus to Noosa. Thanks for an incredible few days Chazza!


No comments:

Post a Comment