Saturday 27 February 2016

Week 22 - Sunny February

Settling back to reality

This week's been quite a quiet one compared with everything that's gone on recently so this will be a shorter post than the usual! After a whirlwind half term city-break and ski trip, I returned to Avignon and had a quiet weekend chilling in Just Coffee Shop (where Pauline works) lesson planning in preparation for heading back to work.

Monday night I joined Pauline and the girls for drinks at Red Sky, the bar in Place Pie that has around 18 different beers on tap! Monday night's are karaoke nights, although not in the sense karaoke is at home - everyone was thankfully a decent singer and there was a live band as opposed to backing track so there was a great atmosphere. Marine was brave enough to get on stage with her rendition of La vie en rose.


Marine owning the room

Meanwhile, we've had some lovely sunny weather - 20 degrees in Feb - so Amy, Annie and I took the ferry across the Rhône to Ile de Barthelasse so soak up some rays and catch up on our respective holidays.


My favourite Leeds ladies



I had my school inspection this week but it all went fine and they seemed happy with me (phew). I'd decided to teach sports and we've been playing more charades which has been highly entertaining, as the students loved the opportunity to be allowed to run around the classroom for once! Loads of the kids had been off skiing over the break too and a couple of them showed me their badges they'd earned from ski school.

I'm having a chilled weekend in Avignon again this weekend hanging out with friends and getting ahead of my year abroad uni work so the deadline doesn't creep up too out of the blue - time is flying!

Ciao,

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment