Friday 4 December 2015

Week 10 - Family Reunion

This week has absolutely flown by!

Had a wonderful weekend back on home soil with my family. I went up to Sheffield on Saturday to visit my sister Alex at uni. Soph was also up visiting a friend so we had a sister reunion day of shopping the Black Friday weekend sales followed by a night out at Pop Tarts (the Sheffield SU and a little more exciting than the Lemmy I'm afraid to admit). Pre Pop-Tarts Alex and I went on a Pub Golf bar crawl on an ANTS (volunteering) social. Fair to say it was a very different night out from the one's I'm used to in France.


Sheffield Christmas Market

Pub Golf

Braving Meadowhall shopping centre

Sisters reunited

Sunday was the big family reunion for my Grannie's 80th celebrations and she seemed pretty chuffed and surprised to see me (phew, the plan worked)! After a lovely country lunch which included a longed for roast, we headed off back to London before I caught my flight back early the following morning.

Family reunion

Back at school on Tuesday my arrival provided much entertainment when one of my CP pupils (6 year olds) exclaimed Maman (Mummy) as opposed to Katie by mistake. Somehow the kids seem to be getting cuter every week and my collection of drawings is rapidly growing. My new shoes I bought over the weekend have seriously made an impression in the playground - it seems shoes are something people half your size pay a lot of attention to!


Last night I had some friends round at mine for the evening to try British snacks I'd brought from home. Mini Cheddars, Percy Pigs and Cadbury's chocolate were all new to assistants from across the pond.

Off to Montpellier this weekend to check out the Christmas markets and visit Niamh!

A la semaine prochaine,

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment